The following are the City & Guilds 6219-05 units you will be assessed on, when attending our 5 week 5 week City and Guilds Plastering Course 6219-05 Level 1 Certificate.
Unit 008 Preparing background surfaces and applying render coats.
You will remove damaged plaster and clean and prepare background surface, mix and apply render coat, and apply a scratch coat of render.
Unit 125 Preparing back ground surfaces and apply finishing coats.
You will prepare background surfaces and apply a 2 coat plaster to a smooth finish.
Unit 126 Mixing materials and applying floating coats
You will apply 2 coat render screed to a smooth finish
Unit 101 Introduction to Health and Safety in construction
Following practical instruction and risk assessments in the work shop, Use of Health and Safety Literature, and a Guided teaching session by a fully qualified Health and safety trainer you will complete your knowledge work book.
Unit 102 Introduction to the construction Industry
Following practical instruction in the work shop, use of Construction Literature, and a guided teaching session by a qualified trainer, you will complete your knowledge work book.
This is a hands on, practical course, and it is recommended that you bring suitable work clothing. For your own safety, steel capped boots are essential.
All other tools materials and appropriate PPE will be provided throughout your 5 week course with us.
What will we teach you?
Over the 5 week period, Silver Trowel Ltd will provide a comprehensive plastering training package, in order for you to achieve your qualification, and develop your plastering skills.
- This will include Health and safety training and appropriate use of PPE.
- Hawk and Trowel skills, and mixing different plastering materials
- Preparing a variety of back ground surfaces and applying PVA adhesives.
- Plastering reveals, internal and external corners and patch repair work
- Applying plaster board to walls and ceilings.
- Cutting and fixing angle beads.
- Applying base coats and top coat plasters
- Rendering a wall and attached pier using appropriate scratch coat and float finishes.
- Applying bell cast beads over window
- Applying finishing plaster (skim Coat) to walls and ceilings.
To achieve this City & Guilds Full Certificate you are required to undertake Plastering training and assessment using credits which are achieved by covering various units from the City & Guilds 6218 For this certificate, which can be achieved in just 5 weeks.